I hate to make resolutions mainly because I am horrible about sticking them out. I get so busy with school and life and forget about my resolutions, but I’m going to try and make some goals for this year and stick to them. Here goes nothing. Feel free to check in here and remind me to stick to them for those that are reading this.
- Lose 30 lbs. I don’t have a set time limit of when I want to get this weight off, but for sure by next New Years. 12 months should be more than enough time to get it off.
- Work out more. I work out, but not nearly enough and to lose weight I am going to have to do more, especially more cardio. I’m going to check in to see if I can get into swimming through PT. That should help my goal of weight loss and cardio workout. Plus it’s so much easier on my shoulders than weight lifting. Egads — the thought of bathing suit shopping. YIKES! We’ll worry about tha later after I make the appointment with my rehab doctor.
- Spend more time with Nate. With school and his work sometimes we don’t get to see each other as much as I/we would like. Anytime is good, but more time would be better.
- Go to Vegas.
- This isn’t really for me, but for my Cowboys – win a playoff game. Superbowl asperations are dancing in my mind, but a playoff win would be a good start. It’s been so long since either have happened and the Cowboys Nation deserves one.
- Fire Wade Phillips!!!
- Make a Bucket List — I finally watched the movie after hearing rave reviews about it from a lot of people. My dad saw it this weekend on HBO so I went to On Demand and checked it out. It really is a good movie and I too should have a Bucket List of the things I want to do in my life.
- GRADUATE! This one I will have no problem fulfilling.
- Get a 4.0 GPA before I graduate in one of the few quarters I have remaining. I have had a 3.9 the last two quarters and I want that 4.0 so bad I can taste it!
- Maintain a 3.5-4.0 average.
- Get a C or better in Cost Accounting. The professor seems to want all of us to do well and ask questions if we are stuck so hopefully, not having Accounting for a few years I can keep this resolution realistic.
- Bake and cook more. I did a little bit over the holidays and I must say everything turned out great. I can’t say it was as pretty as the picture or I came out as clean as the TV Hosts on the Food Network, but in the end it was yummy in the tummy and that’s what matters.
- Get engaged or at least get a promise ring from Nate. I love this man and want to marry him. He loves me and understands me and all my flaws.
- Make my Deal or No Deal Tape. I really want to be on that show. I think I would be fun!
I’m going to leave it at 14. I think that’s plenty for the year and if I feel like adding more, I’ll do that when the time comes. Will I accomplish all 14 resolutions — I sure hope so. The planets, some people, and players need to help if a few are going to be resolved, but for the most part the rest are on ME. I can do it. I know I can.